“My goal is to help you reach your goal – blending my range of professional experience with my personal presence and compassion.”
- What do you want in your life?
- What’s important to you?
- What’s getting in the way?
- What steps can you take right now?
Insight and understanding of the nature and source of problems is important – but that alone won’t bring change – ACTION will ! I will help you take the essential steps you decide are right, in a courageous and effective way.”
Perhaps you are struggling with:
- Life transitions
- Relationship problems: conflict – distance – betrayal – sexuality – divorce – dating
- Career dissatisfaction
- Depression: severe, or general unhappiness
- Anxiety: stress – fears – panic attacks
- Addictive / compulsive behavior
- Over use of: alcohol, drugs (recreational or prescription), food, internet, pornography, gambling, risk taking
- Grief, bereavement, loss
- Health problems and their emotional impact: aging – chronic disease – pain, loss – caregiving issues
- Trauma – past or recent: Sexual – physical – emotional
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – PTSD
I have 30+ years experience helping adults / couples / adolescents with these problems. I bring a range of effective therapeutic techniques – always tailored to the your unique needs.
Honor your quality of life – Take a brave first step: Contact me at the Relationship Center today !
University of Southern CA, MSW (1977)
University of California at Los Angeles, BA – Psychology (1973)
Licenses and Certifications
California Licensed Clinical Social Worker #LCS7338
EMDR – John F. Kennedy University
PTSD – Veterans Administration National Center for PTSD Cinical Training
Continuing Education Seminars: Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT – from Marsha Linehan), Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Brief Therapy, Sexual Problems, Strategic Family Therapy, Strategic Couples Counseling, Spousal/Partner Abuse, Attachment Therapy, Anxiety Disorders, Bipolar and Major Mood Disorders, Psychopharmacology, Complex Trauma and PTSD, Borderline Personality Disorder, Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment, Gay/Bi-Sexual Substance Abuse, Pain and Addiction, HIV, ADHD, Dying-Grief-Loss, Motivational Interviewing, Aging, Dementia And Memory Disorders, Sleep Disorders, Clinical Supervision, Integrated Behavioral Health Care.
National Association of Social Workers
Professional Services Director (1988-1990), Family Service Agency of Sonoma County
Executive Director (1993-97), Boys & Girls Club of Rohnert Park
Program Manager (1997-99), Adult Day Health Care, Friends House, Santa Rosa
Mental Health Dept. Director, Psychotherapist (2003-2013) , West County Health Centers