- What do you want in your life?
- What’s important to you?
- What’s getting in the way?
- What steps can you take right now?
This is my focus in therapy. I take an active, goal-oriented approach to help clarify where you want to go, and move forward. I trust in your inner wisdom and capabilities – yet I also understand how fear and confusion can obscure your view and freeze your motivation. Together, we can clear the view, and find ways to get beyond the obstacles you face.
Insight and understanding of the nature and source of problems is important – but that alone won’t bring change – ACTION will ! I will help you take the essential steps you decide are right, in a courageous and effective way.”
Perhaps you are struggling with:
- Life transitions
- Relationship problems: conflict – distance – betrayal – sexuality – divorce – dating
- Career dissatisfaction
- Depression: severe, or general unhappiness
- Anxiety: stress – fears – panic attacks
- Addictive / compulsive behavior
- Over use of: alcohol, drugs (recreational or prescription), food, internet, pornography, gambling, risk taking
- Grief, bereavement, loss
- Health problems and their emotional impact: aging – chronic disease – pain, loss – caregiving issues
- Trauma – past or recent: Sexual – physical – emotional
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – PTSD
I have 30+ years experience helping adults / couples / adolescents with these problems. I bring a range of effective therapeutic techniques – always tailored to the your unique needs.
Honor your quality of life – Take a brave first step: Contact me at the Relationship Center for Change today !
University of Southern CA, MSW (1977)
University of California at Los Angeles, BA – Psychology (1973)
Licenses and Certifications
California Licensed Clinical Social Worker #LCS7338
EMDR – John F. Kennedy University
PTSD – Veterans Administration National Center for PTSD Cinical Training
Continuing Education Seminars: Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT – from Marsha Linehan), Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Brief Therapy, Sexual Problems, Strategic Family Therapy, Strategic Couples Counseling, Spousal/Partner Abuse, Attachment Therapy, Anxiety Disorders, Bipolar and Major Mood Disorders, Psychopharmacology, Complex Trauma and PTSD, Borderline Personality Disorder, Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment, Gay/Bi-Sexual Substance Abuse, Pain and Addiction, HIV, ADHD, Dying-Grief-Loss, Motivational Interviewing, Aging, Dementia And Memory Disorders, Sleep Disorders, Clinical Supervision, Integrated Behavioral Health Care.
National Association of Social Workers
Professional Services Director (1988-1990), Family Service Agency of Sonoma County
Executive Director (1993-97), Boys & Girls Club of Rohnert Park
Program Manager (1997-99), Adult Day Health Care, Friends House, Santa Rosa
Mental Health Dept. Director, Psychotherapist (2003-2013) , West County Health Centers